Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Owning it....

My mother is a hoarder.....there...I finally said it. This has been my dirty secret for most of my life. I am 41 years old, female and an only child. The purpose of this blog is to document my efforts and experience as I make my second attempt to help my mother overcome compulsive hoarding.  The last attempted intervention was 6 years ago and did not even come close to being slightly successful. She did not want to discuss it and threatened to disown me. This was shocking to me given the fact I know she loves me more than anything....the smart ass in me want's to say "yea sure, more then anything except your useless crap" but I know that just isn't true. This is a mental illness and she can't help herself. I'm hoping that writing this down will help me keep my sanity during this journey as I know this is going to be a long tough road. This is my first blogging experience and I wonder if anyone will even see it......


No comments:

Post a Comment